A New Way of Thinking About SEO For Businesses
Thinking SEO is to generate content by thinking about your readers and their experience on your website. Having the SEO mindset in this day and age should be a must, and it is the only way without utilizing paid advertising to get your content visible to the masses.
How does SEO work?
Although Google determines and modifies its criteria, it depends on the user’s search. This implies that you must put yourself in the shoes of your target clients or potential users when they are in the research phase:
- How do they formulate their research?
- What keywords do they use?
- What is their search intent?
- Do you need to “popularize”, simplify your messages or use a specific specialist language instead?
- What information are they interested in, in relation to your activity?
This means that we’re going back to basics: Customer knowledge. If you make every effort to regularly provide relevant editorial content, useful information to your prospects, they will be without doubt ending up on your website. The more relevant content you create, the more likely that you will have return visitors. This means that having a blog implemented in your site is an important step if you want to utilize SEO. The importance of having on-page articles published regularly and assure your presence through the web, social networks, but also professional sites, the more likely you are to appear at the top of the search results.
But what should I write about:
Generating content is one of the hardest parts of SEO, we know that not everyone has the creative flair to generate good engaging content. But that does not mean that you should not post. Some quick examples are:
- Does your company organize events?
- Do you have tutorials how to utilize your product?
- Do you follow trends in your industry?
- Do you work with distributors?
These are all good starting points to start generating content on a weekly, bi-weekly basis.
So to sum it all up, utilizing the power of online searches should be always taken in consideration, even if your business is not an online/e-commerce business. Here are some steps to adopt definitively the SEO State of mind:
- Think about relevant content
- Think about how your potential clients, would search for the service/product you’re providing
- Think “backlinks” (links to your site), use distributors or your network to get good backlinks to your site
- Think keywords
- Be consistent, Rome was not built in a day and neither your Search Engine Ranking
Now you got it! Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t dooooo ♪
featured image source: All rights reserved (Roc The Mic Studios), Oven Studios, Jay Z, Alicia Keys, New York State